How Can You Help?
- Accompanied Transport – driving and accompanying the clients to medical and social appointments.
- Escorted shopping – driving and assisting with grocery and/or personal shopping on an individual basis or in a small group.
- Shopping by List – shopping on behalf of housebound clients.
- Visiting – a client in their own home to provide friendship and companionship.
- Telephoning – either a daily call to make sure a client is well or a regular weekly call for a friendly chat.
- Social Outings – driving or escorting clients on group or individual outings. Activities include visiting a friend or relative, visiting the library, going to the movies, wandering through the local garden nursery, going on a coastal drive, visiting a coffee shop or going to the beach.
- Social Shopping Service – a small group meets at a local shopping centre to shop and have morning or afternoon tea.
- Phone Room – this position is based in our office and involves taking requests from clients and matching them with volunteers.
If you speak another language:
- Language Specific- providing any of the above services for clients from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds who have a language barrier. e.g. visiting a Spanish speaking client.
- Multicultural Social Support Groups – assist with social activities designed for specific cultural groups that meet once a month. eg. Korean or Serbian social support groups.
“We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.” by Winston Churchill
It doesn’t matter how much or how little time you have to give; there will be something for you. If you would like to dedicate anywhere from 20 minutes a week to three hours a fortnight, please contact us: 02 9913 3244, complete the form below or firstname.lastname@example.org