We offer a number of interesting volunteer opportunities to support the frail aged and younger people with disabilities, including accompanying them to social or medical appointments, taking them shopping or to social outings, calling or visiting them. Community Aid’s clients live in the Manly, Warringah and Pittwater local government areas.
- Accompanied Transport – driving and accompanying the clients to medical and social appointments.
- Escorted shopping – driving and assisting with grocery and/or personal shopping on an individual basis or in a small group.
- Shopping by List – shopping on behalf of housebound clients.
- Visiting – a client in their own home to provide friendship and companionship.
- Telephoning – either a daily call to make sure a client is well or a regular weekly call for a friendly chat.
- Social Outings – driving or escorting clients on group or individual outings. Activities include visiting a friend or relative, visiting the library, going to the movies, wandering through the local garden nursery, going on a coastal drive, visiting a coffee shop or going to the beach.
- Social Shopping Service – a small group meets at a local shopping centre to shop and have morning or afternoon tea.
- Phone Room – this position is based in our office and involves taking requests from clients and matching them with volunteers.
If you speak another language:
- Language Specific- providing any of the above services for clients from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds who have a language barrier. e.g. visiting a Spanish speaking client.
- Multicultural Social Support Groups – assist with social activities designed for specific cultural groups that meet once a month. eg. Korean or Serbian social support groups.
It doesn’t matter how much or how little time you have to give; there will be something for you. If you would like to dedicate anywhere from 20 minutes a week to three hours a fortnight, please contact us: (02) 9913 3244 or email email@example.com.